The call for mentors is now closed! We are lucky to have found a team of passionate and experienced mentors for the participating SMEs.
Right now, we are searching for mentors for our Sustainable Urban Tourism Acceleration Programme, which will financially support tourism SMEs to facilitate the uptake of sustainable solutions.
The SME beneficiaries of the Sustainable Urban Tourism Acceleration Programme will have access to our short-list of mentors and they themselves will select one or more mentors and experts to advise and guide their sustainable and innovation projects to success. The tasks can be carried out at the tourism SME premises or remotely using electronic communication tools.
We are looking for experts within the following areas:
- Sustainable corporate management and business development (internal management and human resources, marketing and communication, stakeholders’ engagement (residents and tourists), social inclusion and accessibility, sustainability certificates, access to finance, etc.)
- Ecological transition (energy efficiency, renewable energies, waste management and circular economy, etc.)
- Digital transformation (use of digital technologies for sustainability)
To apply you must fulfil the following requirements:
- You must have at least five years of professional experience in one of the fields of competence mentioned above, including proven experience in the field of tourism;
- You must hold a university degree or alternatively, have at least five or more years of professional experience in one of the fields of competence;
- You must have appropriate working knowledge of English (minimum B1) and at least one of the languages of the project (Catalan, Croatian, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, German, Hungarian)
- You must be a member in the Tourban community. If you are not a member of the community already, please sign up here.
In addition, in order to provide an adequate mentorship, you should dispose of the following skills: coaching capacity, didactic skills, motivational capacity, organisational skills, good communication and reporting skills.
The mentor and the tourism SME beneficiary will sign a ‘’Mentoring Agreement’’ concluded with a minimum number of mentoring hours (30 hours distributed in 12 months, meaning at least 1 one-to-one session per month) and a fixed rate of €100 (hundred euro) per working hour, including VAT if applicable.
In your application you must clearly indicate your field or fields of competence from the list of expertise areas and attach a EUROPASS CV, in which the areas of competence and professional experience should be adequately detailed and documented. Please submit your application and Europass CV to email@example.com. We will review applications on a rolling basis until the launch of the Sustainable Urban Tourism Acceleration Programme (expected during June/July 2021) and beyond if there is need for additional mentor profiles.
If your profile fulfils our requirements, you will enter our “pool of experts” – a shortlist of the selected mentors – from which SMEs can pick the mentor or expert of their choice to accompany them along our Sustainable Urban Tourism Acceleration Programme or consult them in tasks necessary for the implementation of their sustainability projects. For more information please find our Call Document below.